Friday, December 2, 2011

Wooden Plaque turned "frame"

I wanted to post a sort-of tutorial for my .99 wooden plaque turned wall art, but I don't have them all on my wall quite yet. I will post a picture of the whole collection once my wonderful husband drills and hangs them! For now, this is a brief tutorial...

I purchased several different shapes and sanded the rough edges before starting to paint. I had on hand little bottles of the acrylic brightly colored paints and decided I would start with aqua blue.

After two to three coats of paint I used my sand paper to distress the border of the plaque and applied a coat of Mod Podge



Next I trimmed my picture to fit the shape and applied it using mod podge.



I can't get my pictures to turn so please forgive my lack of blog-ability.

I am excited to get them all finished and up!

No comments:

Post a Comment