Tuesday, January 28, 2014

A work in progress--- and a FREEBIE

I am obviously not a professional blogger since I haven't updated in forever...cough... October 31... cough. But, I am back with another free printable for Valentine's day. I can not say this is an original idea, as I have seen it on pinterest here and there. Moment of honesty... my oldest daughter's room has been a work in progress since we purchased our home a couple of years ago. I was 7 months pregnant so the nursery took priority since it was a currently unoccupied room. I love how it turned out (you can see a couple of pictures here), but by the time the baby came and we got our house in livable condition--- it was a foreclosure--- bedrooms kind of fell off of the radar.

Here are a few pictures of rooms that are my inspiration for Ry's room makeover.




Aren't they perfect?? I love the gallery walls and the ruffled bedding. Here is where I get more embarassed. I have had fabric purchased and laying in piles for MONTHS to make a ruffled throw. Ya, it isn't anywhere near finished. And I have a weird collection of frames in the top of the closet that are all empty. Every time I get them out and do a mock-up of the lay out, I end up thinking "I need to buy xyz" "I really should make abc for this one". My Mom recently purchased a chandelier for her room. I am pleased to say it did end up installed a mere two days after purchase! This brings me to my point--- a free Valentine's Day printable. I plan to stick it in one of the cute frames that will maybe someday go on a fabulous gallery wall. Fun fact: Rylie was born on Valentine's Day so it is only appropriate. Maybe you can put it on your mantle or give it to a teacher. It is so cute I am sure you can find a place for it! 



Follow this link to download your free printable. 
And check back in to see progress of the room that may or may not be finished before she moves out. Here are a few (bad quality-don't judge because I am crafty NOT a photog) pictures of projects that have actually been completed for her room. 

See?!?!? INSTALLED chandelier! I wish I had a before pic here because you could fully appreciate the change. Picture with me now dirty white ceiling fan from 1991. Now you get it, right? 


This^^^ one of my favorites. You should see it in action. It is a lighted marquee that has several different light settings making a really fun display item. Our house has weird coves built into two of the bedrooms. I hate them because its just another forgotten place to dust. But, now hers has a purpose!


And finally, a ruffled bolster pillow. These are the fabrics I am (eventually) using for the ruffled throw at the foot of the bed. It will be so cute when it is finished. Thanks for reading along and enjoy the printable!!

**UPDATE** I wanted to show a pic of the wall in progress and say that I attached 2 ruffles today. Maybe I will have the room done by June... maybe!

No comments:

Post a Comment