Sunday, August 11, 2013

Labor of Love

When we purchased our house last June, I had roughly 2 months until my due date with our 3rd child. I knew I wanted an amazing nursery so I did the rational thing and went to Project Nursery to find inspiration. I found a room here that I loved but when I found the bedding on etsy I about died at the price. Hello, I am cheap! I decided I needed to learn to sew something besides a cute fabric onto an existing burp cloth... why not make my own crib bedding. It can't be THAT hard! Right?!?! Let's just say it was a labor of love--- emphasis on labor. Not only did I need that bedding, I saw a wall on pinterest that I wanted to recreate. LandeeSee had a really amazing entry way makeover that I found very inspiring. And it seemed like a rational idea to cut a shape from cardboard, trace it a bajillion times, and then paint it up at 8 months pregnant! Luckily, I have a friend that loves me enough to do the painting over my pencil lines. Thank you, Anne! The nursery may be my favorite room in the house (even though in these pictures it wasn't 100% complete).

This is a better view of the wall and the Easter dress I made. More on that later! 

No comments:

Post a Comment